1/30/2022

Kittens are Assholes

 I forgot that kittens are assholes. 

That's what happens, you know. When you go from having a 16-year-old cat, who largely just sleeps, to two six-month-old demons with fur. 

Running. Always running. And jumping... Onto counters, onto tables, onto anything they shouldn't be. And using their claws... on the couch, the leather chair, my foot. Chasing each other from one end of the house to the other, and then lunging for each other's throats. Pooping where they shouldn't be because the dog is blocking the door to the basement. So they just shrug (in a kitten way) and look at each other, as if to say, "why not?"

Yes, kittens are assholes. But they're also kind of cute. Rolling around on their backs, purring as I rub their little round bellies. Following me as I move from one room to the next. Chasing their own tails, around and around and around and around. Letting me reenact that scene from The Lion King (you know the one I'm talking about), presenting them to a room full of imaginary animals. 

But, still, definitely assholes. 

2 comments:

Jenn said...

It's 2023. I am shocked that my blog still exists (though dormant since 2016). I'm even more shocked that you're still writing! I hope you're well!

Megan said...

I am very bad at posting... but I try to every so often. I hope you're also well!