6/17/2006

Brushing the Dog : Part One

No matter how much I vacuum, no matter how many times I sweep, my floors are constantly covered in dog hair. I knew my dog would shed when the weather got warmer, but I didn't think he would take it upon himself to lay me a carpet. So when I decided to brush the dog today I anticipated that there would be lots of hair, but I didn't really think there would literally be enough hair to create another dog.


Yet, that is exactly what the dog delivered. A pile of hair bigger than the cat. How is it that he still has any hair left? How is it that if I ran my hand over his back right this second I would still come away with more hair? It seems so unfair that there are some dogs who have no hair at all and yet the dog is walking around with enough for two (at the very least).
Basically there is still so much brushing required that I decided to take a break tonight and start fresh tomorrow. My arms are tired and the dog is about ready to smack me upside the head.

3 comments:

Karen said...

wow that's awesome.

looks like you could use their services.

Winston said...

OMG! I can't believe you can get a company to make fabric out of your pet's hair!!! That's crazy. I've gotta tell my mom about this...

Jules said...

Is Mulder's hair soft? Cause I often think about having my cat's super silky fur spun into a yarn, but I only ever end up with a ball the size of his head when I brush him. But that's quite a mound you got yourself there. Mulder must be exhausted!