4/03/2014

Rough week

That you are dead is inconceivable to me.
I can so clearly hear your voice in my own head. Your laugh. See your eyes shining as your smile lit up your face.
You never seemed sick. You never let it slow you down. Until the very end, you were a force; a beacon of hope in the darkness. Your presence was a gift to those around you, especially to my mother. You have been one of the best friends she has ever had, and for that I will happily forever be in your debt.
If cancer could be beat by sheer determination, yours would have been gone long ago.
But isn't that always the case?
I hope you knew. I hope that with your dying breath you had no doubt of your value. As a friend. As a mother. As a sister. As a wife. As a person. Your absence will leave a hole in the lives of each person who knew you. I hope you recognize how much you mattered. 

No comments: