10/27/2012

Drunk at Work

"I've got Baileys....." my coworker said, drawing out the last word of her declaration in a way that made it ever so slightly more inviting.

I was already drinking delicious coffee. Delicious coffee made from delicious coffee beans that I had brought from home and used that day in an attempt to calm my nerves. I'd also already added a packet of instant hot chocolate mix to said delicious coffee. Not adding a splash of Baileys to the mixture seemed like it might actually be a crime. And so I said, "Sure, why not?"

A shot of Baileys seems so innocent. I mean, who gets drunk off of a single shot of anything? The answer to that question, Internet, is this girl! After already haven taken 2 mg of Ativan in preparation of a potentially stressful and emotionally exhausting evening, it turns out that even just a little shot (or two) of Baileys was enough to ensure that I was having the time of my life.

"It's 4:30 pm and I will tell you all a secret," I joyously mock whispered to everyone as I entered the kitchen, "I may have accidentally gotten drunk just now!" I winked at all the volunteers in an incredibly awkward way that let them know I was not by any means kidding and then proceeded to make demands of them. "Come look at this report I made and tell me what a great job I did."

Luckily, by 5:30 pm, I had sobered up, but I still felt the need to share. "I was drunk earlier," I selectively told people as they arrived at the meeting. "My co-worker got me drunk."

No comments: